Re: Scirocco S differences - was '81 scirocco

<x-flowed>>I was wondering, because a friend of mine, claims to have a '79 Scirocco
>S.
>I've only seen '80 and '81's.
>
>Peter
>
>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:46:35 -0700 (PDT) Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
>writes:
> >

> > > What years were the S models available?
> > > '78-81?
> >
> > Nope.  '80 & '81 only.  '79 had a "limited edition"
> > package, which was basically the same details as the S.
> >

> > =====
> > Daun Yeagley

I've owned a 79 with all the makings of an 'S'...blacked out
trim, red bumper strips, sport recaros, red & black carpeting,
even red badging and emblems.  I still have the rear Scirocco
badge actually.  The only thing missing was the letter 'S' from
the rear.

==Brett