Re: 5 cyl TDI(was...Re: VW & Toyota)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Emile Draper wrote:

> > Alas the North American versions of the TDI are only
> > 90bhp.  Not that I'm
> > complaining - because it's also 145 or 150 ft/lb at
> > 1900rpm, depending on
> > the version.  They do respond well to chipping, and
> > apparently the
> > variable-vane-turbo in the A4 and NB uses an
> > adjustable nozzle to control
> > boost pressure rather than a wastegate...
>
> I think CANADA got the 110HP version of the 4cly TDI.
> Just a chip thing AFAIK

To date all Canadian 4 cyl TDI's are 90 HP.

Drew (Guelph, Ontario, CANADA)

'83 (Turbo) Diesel Jetta
'84 Wolfsburg Scirocco
'99 A3 Jetta TDI

> -Emile Draper
> '80 'rocco
>
> =====

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca