Re: altanator probs.

T Berk wrote:

> Bryan Geiszler wrote:
> >
> > Help...
> > Any ideas on why my altanators keep dying and/or where I can get a high
> > output altanator.
> >
> > Bryan Geiszler
>
> How about an 80 amper from an Audi or Quantum in the wrecking yard?
>
> TBerk

I had a similar problem.....and always kept a spare alternator around to swap
out and get
the other rebuilt for the next go around....

I ended up buying a new 80 or 90 amp with "LIFE-TIME-  WARRANTY" ...........
hadn't had any problems since.......(after finally getting it to work in the
car)...
and plenty of  POWER.......

I was surprise when the Autoparts guy told me the alternator had "LifeTime
Warranty" on it
and I could always swap it out for another as long as I had my
"RECEIPT"......and at any of
their stores for that matter....
  I gave up my 65 amp rebuilt one in a Heartbeat......(as a core exchange)...

it's worth the money and hold on to your receipt......

AutoZone  ?
Advanced Auto Parts ?  (where I got the one I'm using now)

 |   Etop Udoh     | SOUTHERN POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIVERSITY [89-##] |
 |  P.O. Box 4234  |  Http://www.mindspring.com/~s_druid           |
 |  Marietta, Ga   |  Http://www.freeyellow.com/members7/sdruid    |
 |   30061         |  Http://members.xoom.com/s_druid              |
 |                 |  Http://sdruid.iwarp.com                      |
 |                 Http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/bit/9122 |
 |                 |   ******* s_druid@mindspring.com *******      |
 | Hey Americans, where are your "REAL" TV Camera's for the TRUTH  |