Re: Son-of-a... ...I'm hit!

In a message dated 10/19/99 2:38:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Brooke@minn.net
writes:

<< What is the liability of the object
 ejecting trucking company?  Granted, it's just a $5.00 headlight, but it
 could have easily hit a vital organ instead...  If it was the radiator,
 windshield, or sheet metal, what recourse would I have (except for the
 obligatory exchange of "you're number one!") ? >>

The trucking company is completely liable.  Especially if 1.) the truck is
loaded above the top of the truck. 2.) it the protective cover is not over
the load properly.
This happened to my brother inlaw 2 years ago his turbo talon was not more
than six months old when the dump truck in front of him hit a bump and
sprayed some gravel all over his hood.  He flagged down the truck, got his
info and a week later he had a new hood from the truck company.  It may have
helped that he had a video camera with him when they stopped but the truck
company is responsible

Brian 86 16v