Re: problem with MFA odo & speed function when cold

Based on this information I'm hoping for a marginal connection in the back
of the instrument cluster - perhaps the cold temp causing the plastic
backing of the pc to shrink enough that it doesn't make contact?

I'll probably get around to taking a look in a week or so I guess - can't
mess with the daily commute right now, and I won't be finished with the
Jetta for a bit.

Thanks for the info,

Drew

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Nigel Heron wrote:

> the speed sensor is magnetic (it's a hall sender), no moving parts in the
> sender itself. The speedo cable spins a metal disk inside the casing. Maybe
> there's condensation buildup on the sender or disk causing the sender to
> misread until warm?! either that or the sender might be faulty.
>
> -nigel.

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca