RE: Re: free California Mk1!

T Berk wrote:

>I replied to this guy this afternoon.
>
>This evening I got a reply that I was 2nd in line but the other
>guy was
>not 'firm'.
>Heh heh, I'm firm when it's appropriate. ;)
>
>I'll let the list know if it comes through, I could use another.
>(!)

That WAS me who was first in line!! Wow, kinda neat to be first, heh,
heh.

However, upon conferring with my parents (who's driveway I use for all my
automotive work) they said "NO" to me dragging home a non-running 18
year old car. I tried to convince them of the urgency, and the moral
responsibility to save as many Mk1's as possible, etc., but they didn't
understand. Not really surprising, seeing how my dad just bought his 4th
Honda, ugh.

So, with confidence In TBerk, I pass the symbolic torch. It kills me
though.

BTW-what the *hell* does he mean I'm not 'firm'? I'm plenty firm, ya
know. :-)  J/K

BTW2- Tosha, I have a spare 1.8l JH block in my back yard that my parents
are telling me to get rid of, I was gonna put it in that rocco. Do you
want it? Free of course. It needs bearings.

Jonas :-(
sad cause I passed up a free mk1
85 Scirocco 2.0