SV: rain tray? it's purpose in life?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hello

> Guys, as the email title suggests, I don't know what the purpose for the
> rain tray is. All it seems to do is just get in the way and trap heat.
> I've seen them removed on race cars before but I don't want to start
> hacking away unless I know it is absolutely harmless to remove.

It's there on original cars to prevent rain from hitting the fan when car is parked and go inside the coupe, the same for dirt/ old leafes etc.

And the steel between the motor and the fan compartment is if you do get an massive oil leak/fuel fire or similar with lots of smoke you don't get all smoke in to the coupe. This part is tested by myself and it works.

> So, should I really give a damn if water drips down in there? I could
> always stick the jetronic boxes and stuff in waterproof bags, yes?

No need to worry about the boxes, they should be waterproof.

> Comments?

It's missing on many cars anyway so don't mind removing it.

> Scott F. Williams

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8lT RSi -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker