OT: TOO damn funny, had to share!

This is completely off-topic, but is the funniest shit I've read in ages.
I got this message from my brother tonight, and it's a true story....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: true story
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:39:06 -0800
From: "Mark Collins" <collinsm@deco.net>
To: kevinc@flashcom.net

Wednesday evening, I approached aspiring candidate, Bill Bradley
after a garden party speech at Paul's house, offering an observation
and a suggestion: he'd addressed 125 prosperous people, mostly
advocates for his candidacy, all of whom paid a grand to listen and
shake his hand. My suggestion: at future venues of this type, ask
donors bring along (for free) one adolescent (child or grandchild),
with whom they can later discuss the issues -- a discussion which
might then filter into the schools and so on. He loved the idea,
saying he'd do it. That was the normal segment of my brain in
operation. THEN...as I had come prepared, I retrieved from my jacket
a thousand-dollar wad of two-dollar bills (five packages, one hundred
notes per package), explaining that I wanted to cover my wife's
donation which hadn't been sent. He looked at the wad as though I'd
offered a cracked flask of ebola virus. A photographer snapped a
picture, precisely as the mobster-sized wad appeared in front of good
ol' Bill. Bradley told the photographer to ditch that roll of film --
then told me that NO cash contributions can be accepted. Then, says
Bradley, "you're a big boy, send a check", after which he turned to a
more mature admirer. Ces't la vie, baby. I build with one hand and
tear down with the other. The story of my life. I sent an apology by
Priority Mail yesterday.

--
Mark R. Collins
http://www.collinsm.com