Re: Euro Listers: tire help

<x-flowed>
>From: SCIROCCO2@t-online.de (Dirk Schneider)
>
> > I need some help in sourcing a pair of tires from out Euro friends.
> > They are the front tires off the Swatch/Benz SMART car.
> > They are 135/70/15 Or 135/60/15 (seriously!)
>
>SMART =  the ugliest car around here !
>( no comments, please :-)

I think its really cool. I wanna put a HUGE motorcycle motor in it and  make
it wheelie until it flips over backwards.

>of course I can find out for prices of those crappy little tires,
>but don't you think that shipping and customs
>from germany to the U.S.
>will make it completely unattractive ?
>
>everything just IMHO of course :)
>Dirk

Yeah, they WILL be expensive. I'm just looking at alternatives to the
run-of-the mill 135/15's (I think when no aspect ratio is specified, it is
assumed that the tire is an 80 sidewall). These tires are just what I'm
looking for in terms of height vs. width.
Besides, nobody uses them on bugs... Gotta be the first on the block!

The 'early-60's-drag-race-fugitive' is coming along slowly, due to lack of
funds/time. I have night shool after work for 5 hours, 2 days a week, and
Band rehersal for 6 hours 3 nights a week. That leave me some weekends- but
I have to do the normal housework on those days!
Calgon, take me away!

Thanks for calling for prices, buddy!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!