Re: Engine question

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Mark, you can pretty much put anything in a VW with some work.  Sciroccos
have seen everything from 1.6L 8v's, to VR6's, and i think there is even a
1.8t in the works right now.
    But the 1.8L and 2L 16v engines are really the same engine, just
different bore and stroke i believe.  All the parts interchange, the heads
fit the same (ports are a little different on 1.8 and 2L heads, but it does
not affect the ease of instalation at all).
    So yes, it will fit easily (no harder than replacing your existing 1.8L
with another one).  It will even run on the same injection, but you can move
up to motronic for easier fuel mapping (chipable), but that is a lot more
work.

  HTH

Owen
87 Scirocco 16v #38 CD-SS. (getting a 2.0L as we speak)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571