New to list

Well, I finally took the plunge. I bought an 80 Scirocco last night. It
has some surface rust, but its straight, the floors and front fenders
are good. So I'm going to have to invest money in body work right away
and get a close ratio 5-sp, but, it's got a Drake built and blue printed
1.7L, GTI TB, big valve head, GTI brakes, GTI wheels, newly recovered
Recaro's (not sure what model, but they're deep), TT exhaust, and lots
of other goodies. It came w/the window sticker and receipts for most of
the upgrades.

Also, if anyone is interested, for $3k you can get an almost stock
Callaway Scirocco in very good condition at:
http://server10.hypermart.net/msiinc/momentum.html

I looked at this car, but its more than I wanted to pay. There's a
little rust around the hood vents, but that's about it. It looks like it
was garaged most of its life. The front seats are shot, the a/c is
already removed, no radio, Autotech front upper stress bar, and a MSD
ignition. The engine had oil around the top of the engine where the fuel
injectors are, but after a week of sitting, it didn't smoke when it
started up.

Philip

96 GTI VR6
80 Scirocco