Re: Oil

HuMpnYoMoM@aol.com wrote:

> I was told to always run 20W-50 in my 16v 2.0L Scirocco.
<snip>
> But, what about
> synthetic blend?
>
> Justin
> '86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L

Short answer confirmation mode:

Go w/ Mobil 'Redcap' 15w50. If it gets below freezing switch to a
different weight. (I'm in Cali). 8 valvers don't use any different oil
than the 16v. 3K per change gets expensive. 5k is not bad considering
the better properties of the synth. Longer than that be sure to halve
the period with a new filter between changes, at least. Semi synth is
good for one thing, at least- during the transition period it makes for
a good bridge to full synthetic. Other than an old tired valve cover
gasket (which I'm going to swap for the Corrado rubber seal I bought
long ago from Potter-dude), I've had no problems with synthetic. I like
it.

TBerk