RE: 16V Rebuild [Long]

Christian Els wrote:

>snip<

>So there is where I am now, crank-no start.
>I may have gotten the distributor flipped 180 degrees off.
>Static timing is still good.
>Car ran, albeit rough, when I bought it and any questionable bits
>were replaced while it was apart.
>
>I have raw fuel at the tailpipe, so it is getting gas.
>
>Any thoughts?

Getting fuel, but no go, usually means an ignition problem. Re-check all
the connections to the coil, ICU, knock sensor brains, distributor, and
anything else ignition related. Then if it still doesn't work, check
that all the components are fine. Also check that they are getting
power.
Then it's on to the wiring of the car.

This stuff is not easy to figure out always, Talk to Dave Novac, he
knows.

I bet it's something simple though. Like a connection that shook itself
loose.

HTH

Jonas
85  Scirocco 2.0