Re: What VW would you consider a "Chick Magnet"?

<x-flowed>>From: Dan Brideau <dan@hobbyetc.com>

>OK,

>What VW would you consider a "Chick Magnet"?  The Scirocco doesn't seem to
>be doing the trick.
>

>Dan B

That's easy. The 'real' Beetle or a 'real'(rabbit) cabriolet.
I actually proved this theory with my old next door neighbor. I took the 58
and he took his classic mustang to the local Cruise nite. We parked them
side by side and my car had a constant stream of wives and girlfriends
saying things like "it's so cute." and "I remember MY bug..."  Of course
there was a "Daddy! What kind of car IS that?" but she was a little girl...
He had a constant stream of guys at the mustang sayng "where'd ya get 'er?"
or "What kinda carbs ya runnin?"

You still won't get a girl with a car, but I suppose it could be a useful
tool in making first contact. I always use lots of Liquor! (I'm virtually
married now, so I don't do that as much anymore). The Liquor has a natural
chemical reaction with fear, and it eliminates it. Of course, it also brings
out the 'drunk asshole' factor, so be careful! It could mean the difference
between looking cool and looking like, well, me!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop