Re: List Attachments (Pics?)

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>** Reply to note from "Foxx (in a box)" <iraldly@otterbein.edu> Fri, 08 Oct 1999 13:42:16 -0400

  Sending binary attachments to a list is contrary to "netiquette". The
original idea was that any message must be readable by anyone, even
those using text only mail readers - and I happen to be one of those.
I need to go to a menu to view attachments. Those beautiful HTML
compositions appear as a mixture of text and goobledigook also.

  You will notice that teh Netscape address book has a setting for
people who would rather receive text only, not HTML, for that very
reason.

  That said, you don't get very far with a 2k image. Look on your disk,
and if you find a 2k image that does justice to your wheels, you must
be talking about a bicycle :-)

  Don't get me wrong: I have a 17 inch monitor and can display
true color. But when I want to look at pictures, I use my browser. A
double click on the link in the email takes me there.

> sorry to offend. it's just that it's easier to post a 2k file to everyone
> and take that extra second (actual time on a 14.4) than it is to
> dial-up, log onto the ftp to upload the file, and then send the
> message.

  You are not taking into account the fact that the little 2k file must then
be resent to, whet 200 list members? That takes bandwith out of the
list server. Be considerate, take the extra time and let only the ones
who want to go and look at the site.

        Jean-Claude
        ICQ: 47403427