Re: Exhaust manifold bolts

<x-flowed>>Attempting to remove the exhaust manifold from the head, I cannot get the
>bottom row of nuts to break loose. The wrench or socket keeps walking off
>the edge and threatening to round the nut off.

This always happens. Usually the nuts just seize to the studs without a hope
of it coming loose.

I get out the dremel with a cutting disc and go to town. I went through a
whole case of discs for four bolts, but saved me a LOT of aggrivation.

>   Is there room physically to remove the head with the exhaust manifold
>attached? At least that way I would have an unobstructed shot at the nuts.

Doubt it. Make it easy on yourself, and just pick some new bolts up.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v