[Who Cares] My 8v -> 16v '84 GTX project is completed! (kinda longo)

<x-charset iso-8859-4>
If anyone remembers something like 2 weeks ago I mentioned
that I'm going to an 8v to 16v swap on my '84 GTX.

Well, today I finished my project. It took 5 full days to complete
It would have taken less, but I ran into so many problems when
changing stuff, that I had to visit partsshops and junkjards couple
of times meanwhile!

Good news is, that I took some pictures and I'm going to do a
complete guide for Scirocco.org of it! Then everybody will know
how hard it is and is it worth bothering! I might say, that I was
lucky that everything bolted up and I was lucky to have complete
'87 16v Scirocco for spare parts!

For example list of things that was swapped:
Engine - essentially needed...
Transmision - not needed, but 16v trans has stronger outcome
    and this swap caused me to change a great deal of other things
Complete exhaust change - needed, but you need to remake all
    mounting points
Power steering - actually not needed, but nice to have when you
    have small steering wheel and hard 16v motor
Complete electrical system swap - quess what, they weren't compatible!
Dash and dials - new electrical system included lot of bells and whistles
    that my old dash didn't had, and it looked better also!
Complete 16v disk brakes swap - not needed actually, but it's
    nice to keep this beast on the road.
Complete interior swap - 3 years younger interior looked so much better,
    I only kept my newly remade seats!

So if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me! :) (...with questions
only,
no bullets please)

Anyway it runs now and in hell it runs stronger than my 8v, lets see what
the tests will show!

Wait for pics to come to scirocco.org

Lauri
'84 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!