Re: Wiring an amp?

Duffy Penski wrote:

> Running the RCA's down the center works well for me, I have 2 sets of
> Streetwires Musica 200 RCA cables which are incredibly thick and would never
> fit under the plastic cap over the carpet at the door. As for the power
> cable, I did exactly that (under plastic thing). I have my amp custom
> mounted on the back of the rear seat and a custom 9 x 12 volt fan array over
> it on springs (it gets hot in the summer with the sunlight coming through
> the hatch) and a toggle for the fans running up to the dash. Ground seems to
> work good running right on the floor a couple inches back from the rear
> seatbelt mount (make sure you sand your paint there), this is no harm to the
> gas tank (for drilling).  I also ran 14 gauge speaker wire to the front
> speakers along the sides and under the plastic things and used a coat hanger
> to run the wire back into the doors.
>
> Good luck!
> Duffy Penski

Duffmiester,

- How did you mount the fan on springs?
- How about a thermostat controlled switch for the amp fan? (low cost,
hi Duro plan in the works.)
- What happens if you lower the back seat for cargo situations? does it
handle this or do you fore go it all together?

- What's everybody doing for custom installs of hardware in our
(relatively) small cars?

TBerk