Sorry if this is long winded.

<x-flowed>Hi, I am new to the list and I suppose it is rude not to introduce myself.
My name is Bryan and I live in western Washington (state). I pretty much
grew up around VWs. My parents had two bugs when I was a kid.  When my Mom
got in a wreck whith her mazda in '79 my dad bought a new Rabbit diesel.
(First new car he ever bought) after about 200K+ miles he missed a timing
belt change and it snaped. No valve damage but the cylinder walls were
ripped up burnning oil all over the place. So he got an '81 Jetta(also
diesel)(he likes the economy).
My first car was a '79 Datsun 200sx(my sisters old car) when I got rid of
that I got my first VW of my own, an '81 Scirocco. Little did I know that it
had extensive underbody damage.  The left wheel ended up taking a left turn
that the rest of the car diddn't.  So I went looking for another Scirocco
(the car had me hooked) I found another '81 and I have been using my old one
for parts ever since.  A few months ago a lady in a mazda truck hit me head
on(luckily the speed wasn't to great).  I just got it back from the frame
shop and it never handeled better(I now have suspension braces top and
bottom in the front). Anyway thanks for listening and hello.

Bryan

'81 Scirocco