From: archive@porknet.fdns.net [mailto:archive@porknet.fdns.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 1999 3:33 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Black trim enhancer?

Hey all,

I recently bought some spray silicone lubricant for my sunroof (worked
great, btw), and I noted one of its qualities was it turned things that
were black into a very appealing dark black. I was cautious because I've
heard certain chemicals that do this can attack plastics, rubber, etc. But
in my little bit of experimentation, it really improved the looks of my
car. When last at the dealer I also noticed a brochure advertising a
product called Forever Black that claimed to be a permanent black-enhancer
"bumper and trim cleaner and reconditioner" that "Permanently recolors and
protects all black plastic, vinyl & rubber surfaces on your car without
silicone." The dealer wanted something like $10 for 4 oz. in a spray
bottle! Has anyone tried this and is it worth it? Normally I wouldn't
spend money on this kind of thing but i think the charcoal color some of
the black trim on my car is turning is really uncomplementary to the
silver paint.

I've also heard good things about "black magic" and other
products...anybody have a favorite product they'd like to share?

Thanks,

-Toby