RE: Road Thrashing (accident: not for the faint of heart)

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hey List,

This is not a lecture...Last night my wife and I were heading home to MA
from NJ when I was awaken (she was driving) by the scream of a motorcycle,
and my wife saying "look at this guy". As I rubbed my eyes and looked, I saw
a motorcycle, a red car and 4 more bikes going down the slow lane at what
seemed to easily be 120 MPH...First off, I am crazy, and as far as asshole
driving, mine rates right up there, My motto has alway been "I don't care
what kind of car you have, unless your willing to take it to the triple
digits, you are gonna lose!" Well, my motto has changed a bit now...about a
mile later, the traffic came to an abrupt halt...There was a small column of
smoke coming from the gaurd rail, and although we hadn't reach the crash
site yet, we knew who it was :( :( :(...Everyone was getting out of there
cars, people from the opposite side of the route 84 as well. Then someone
screamed, "everyone back in your cars, NOW!" As traffic was directed past
the crash seen, we saw it (not too graphic)...One bike rammed into the back
of a minivan, his bike was in the woods (on fire) another two bikes were
dumped (maybe they saw the accident and came to an abrupt halt, and the
other 2 bikes were parked...There was a guy in the middle lane covered by a
sleeping bag, and his riding buddies were gathered around him...Since I am
prone to panic attacks, and my wife lost her brother in a motorcycle
accident, We were devastated...I felt like getting sick...the guys sneakers
were in the road, knocked off !!! This is extremely meaningless, this guy is
most likely dead...For what ? I can't say I will never road thrash again,
but I will NEVER race a bike...Cars are bad enough, but bikes, what useless
lunacy...Finally, about 20 miles down the road, my panic attack had
ended...As I said, this is not a lecture, but man, that was
ridiculous...Sorry, but I had to vent...DON"T RACE BIKES...They will most
likely win, and it is WAY to dangerous...

jason87vw@nac.net
(Tell yourself, Everythings going to be alright) -- Prozac Anthem