Bafflement sets in......

<x-flowed>Okay, I'm pretty much stumped when it comes to several problems in my '79
Scirocco.........

1. My guages (temp., gas, and R.P.M.) jump around.  The temp and gas guages
have subtle fluctuation, whereas the RPMs visible jump quite erraticaly once
they have reached 3,000 or higher.  Any ideas?

2.  My metal fuel lines, underneath the car, right by the area where your
supposed to jack the car up, have been smashed.  Not badly enough to
actually prevent fuel from flowing, but bad enough.  Any ideas on where or
how to replace them.  $$$?

3.  My car either dies, or comes damn close to dying, before reviving itself
if I have my foot on the clutch, with the car in gear, after the car has
been moving from any speed.  This happens 99% of the time.

4.  My idle fluctuates randomly.  The only consistant variable I can
determine, is that the idle is always higher, if I have just gotten off the
freeway doing 70 or above.  Interestingly enough, if I have been doing 90 or
more, the idle is lower than what it is after 70 mph, although typically,
the higher the speed, the higher the idle.  The idle will then eventually
lower itself after a while.  Sometimes when I start the car for the first
time in the day, the idle is so ridicoulously low, the car sounds like its
about to die.  Any ideas what that might be?

5.  Lastly, one of my h4 headlights, got a really nasty crack on it today
:(.  I saw adhesive headlight protectors in the store (3ms).  Does anyone
have any input or experiences with these things?  Do they alter the
appearance?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  I'm going to cruise on down to
Portland tomorrow..................Happy Sciroccoing to everyone!

Kirsten Jensen
Black '79 Scirocco (Shocky Jr.)