Transmission Swap

Has anyone attempted to put a cable shifted tranny in
a A1 chassis.  I have access to a wrecked passat with
a 2.0L 16V and a 5 Speed tranny.  The engine has
already been spoken for, but I can get the tranny,
shifter, flywheel, and any other parts I need for
cheap.  I spoke to Eurospec on the phone about it and
they said someone that works there did the swap into a
Rabbit and they had to fabricate mounts for it.
Has anyone out there done this???????????
Mike