Re: Euro Manifold

<x-flowed>On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 00:34:27 -0500 (EST)  Rich Deede <rdeed@UDel.Edu> wrote

>Well last friday I picked the european intake manifold from Jonas(thanks
>again), but I haven't put it on the car yet. I want to polish it up and
>make it shine, bretts engine makes me quite jealous. So I am going to
>'attempt' to get the manifold to look as good as Bretts before I install
>it. All I know is that it's gonna take a long time because Im doing it
>totally by hand starting with some 60 grit sand paper, as per the advice
>of Dan May. I took pics of the manifold when I bought it and will take
>pics when I'm done.  So far I've put in about 3 hours of sanding time and
>it looks better but not even close to done.  I'll keep ya posted.

Rich, as I am fond of saying:

"Any problem can be solved with the proper application of force, heat,
chemicals, or money."

For my 16v conversion, I went with "money" on this one.  :-)

Good luck and happy sanding........
| Jim Jarrett,CCP                                                   |
| Eastman Kodak Co. - Professional Digital Cameras                  |
| 901 Elmgrove Road MC 35504                                        |
| Rochester, NY 14653-5504         Phone:(716) 726-6365             |
| jarrett@kodak.com           All opinions expressed are mine alone |
| http://www.kodak.com                                              |