[elec] bad ground problem '81 16v

<x-flowed>Ok, I'm convinced the problem lies within a bad ground somewhere in my car.

"Some guy" claimed that a water leak in an early 80's Jetta caused the same
exact problem I'm having in my '81 Scirocco.

First, it wouldn't run unless I kept the revs over 2k and even then, it ran
poorly. If revs were below 2k, it would just die.

This has got to be what's wrong with my car. I've ruled out everything else.

I just need to know common places where water might leak which would cause
problems like this. I know the windshield does leak onto the floor under the
passenger side of the dash, but that's the only leak I know about.

The fuse box is brand new, but all the wiring is the same old wiring that's
been there all along.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon