Re: 1' deep puddle (why)

In a message dated 11/29/99 2:34:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
boingo420@hotmail.com writes:

<< would bent rods still let car run but run poorly right? my car i was going
 slow but ever since it has had very poor aceleration and cutting out and
 stuff...
 and how would a pudle do somthin like that?

Well, to make a long lesson short, air of course is compressible.  Water is
NOT compressible so when you ingest water into the compression chamber
(cylinder) by way of the air intake it is like you are throwing a rock into
your engine, then all hell breaks loose and you start to bend things and blow
things and stuff like that. I can't imagine an engine running after this but
then again VW engines are pretty bullet proof so it might still run but
REALLY bad.  On the other hand, If you soak anything electrical with water no
biggy, just let the parts dry out or replace them.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html