Brakes

<x-charset iso-8859-1>When I press down on my brake pedel the resistance is not what it once was, in other words my foot is closer to the floor board.  Also if I down shift the pedel losses all resistance momentarily and my foot is even closer to the floor board.

The front brakes were replaced about a year ago, the rear have not been replaced as far as I know.  Any ideas or suggestions?  I'm leaving for Florida for the holidays in three weeks and need to get this fixed before then.

Thanks

Craig Moore
87 8v
96 Tacoma 4x4 (trading soon)