vacuum advance

<x-flowed>Ok--question for you all out there.  Anyone been curious enough to switch
the vacuum lines on the dist?  I've got a 87 cabbie engine in my 81 S--with
dual advance.  It would seem that the correct setup according to the bently
book retards the timing as the pedal is pushed and manifold vacuum
increases.  When I swapped the two vacuum lines the car felt like it gained
a few HP.  I'm guessing that this is going to be screwing up some sort of
emmision control...but hey--its worth a try.  Has anyone tried this...?

Bart