Re: #*%$@! Axle Nut!!!!!

--- WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:
> yes, that is what bent my breaker bar. I tried the blow
> torch, and it didnt
> do anything

This is how I've done it:

1.  soak with penetrating oil.
2.  put the 30mm socket on the nut, then putting a 2x4 on
top of that, hit several times with a sledgehammer.
3.  put the breaker bar on the socket, and slide a LARGE (4
ft. or so) bar over the breaker bar, and break the nut
free.
4.  Repeat steps 1 and 2 as necessary.

I can't recall this method ever failing for me...

HTH

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry