Re: #*%$@! Axle Nut!!!!!

use a 3/4 drive breaker bar and a short extension, or I think that the
adapter that goes from 3/4" to 1/2" for your 30mm socket may give you
enough length.  Then get the pipe on that bad boy and go at it.  I found
that a little bouncing was all it took to get it to break loose.  I first
tried mine with a 1/2" drive and couldnt budge it.  It was going to break
so i grabbed the big ass 3/4" drive and it came right off.  The bar and
extension for a 3/4 drive are MUCH beefier and make it pretty easy to get
the nut off.  I'm not sure if you can get enough torque with an impact
wrench to get the nut to break free, at least with only a 1/2" drive one.
I do know that a 3/4" drive breaker bar with a 3 foot piece of pipe on the
end will give you enough force to remove just about any nut you can find.
BTW, you can get a cheap ass set of 3/4" drive sockets with ratchet and
breaker bar for about 40 bucks from Northern tools.  The sockets are SAE
but for the breaker bar alone
its worth it.  They are pretty cheap quality but you dont use them too
much so it isnt a bad way to go.
  www.northerntools.com

HTH

Eric Person