Re: 1' deep puddle

<x-flowed>Don't know about the clutch thing but i would definetely recommend you do a
compression test cause the only way I can think of water getting into the
crank case is by forcing it past the pistons which would have entered the
combustion chamber via the intake valves. GL

>From: "Chris Cavitt" <boingo420@hotmail.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: 1' deep puddle
>Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 19:06:53 PST
>
>as oregon was flooding i was driving home and hit a pudle that was a least
>foot deep and my rocco stalled out in the middle then wouldnt turn over for
>a long time, i finnaly got it started it had sumthin to do with the clutch
>being buggered up, so i drive it for a second and didnt run too well
>checked
>oil and it was a creamy color, so water got in the case somehow changed oil
>and filter and hasnt returned since, kinda weird, but i am still having a
>lot of problem with clutch, could the water of adjusted out the clutch? the
>clutch now starts moving car like less then half inch off floor and stays
>the same until about an inch from the top, and the car lags like clutch is
>in a little bit?
>anyone have any ideas?
>sorry it was so long.....
>
>chris
>portland, or
>81 scirocco
>www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Pit/8862/rocco.html

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco