Re: 2.0 motronic

<x-flowed>>List,

>So i have this line on a '91 jetta gli with a 2.0 16v with motroninc
>injection.  Too bad the recaro's are already gone.  My question is,
>do i want motronic injection?

Maybe.  I'm in the middle of this conversion right now actually on my
worked 2L 16v.  If you don't want it, I'm sure you could sell it for
a couple hundred IF you don't cut up the wiring harnesses.

>What are the differences, benefits.

The Motronic system can be chipped, as that system can control fuel and
spark from a single box.

>Do i have to use the intake manafold that goes the wrong way, or can
>i use my scirocco 1.8?

That is the question.  There is one small advantage to moving the fuel
distributor to the other side (passenger side intake), it's that the
runners are 42mm instead of 40mm.  Might not make much of a difference
really.  Personally, I don't plan on moving my fuel distributor.  I'm
having some custom fuel line work done so I can use the Motronic injectors
and keep my intake where it is.  This will let me use my current fuel
lines and substitute the Motronic injectors (not as simple as it might
seem as the threads are totally different).

>It seems like alot of listers have converted to motronic injection.
>Sorry if this has already been answered.  Oh yeah, how do i get to
>the archives to check on things, are they on sciroco .org?  thanks
>alot.

They aren't directly searchable on the scirocco site, but I've submitted
it to several search engines so it'll be indexed eventually.

>Jason Arms

==Brett