Re: 16v with CIS

<x-flowed>I can state from personal experience that using CIS is an acceptable way to
do this. However you are correct about the warm up stage. I did a conversion
for a cheap bastard and he didnt want to pay to have the injection swapped
so I left the system alone and did some minor mods to make it functional.
The only experienc he has with it that is undesirable is that you have to
let it warm up for about 5 mins before you can drive it. Advantages to CIS-E
would be warm up and fuel economy. HTH Oh and BTW, the car in discussion is
a '77 Rabbit

>From: "Kris Rayner" <veritech@fix.net>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: 16v with CIS
>Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 22:18:59 -0800
>
>Hey all, that article on the Oettinger 16V 1.7L got me
>thinking....They used regular CIS and achieved 140hp no problem
>which would show me that CIS is capable of supporting it...So my
>thought is...why take all the time of integrating CIS-E when you
>could use just regular CIS and save time...The basic operation of
>each is the same along with fuel pressures, main difference being
>controling the pressures during warm-up. So what do you think,
>possible?
>                    Kris Rayner
>                 1984 VW Scirocco
>     1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
>      "I do nothing in moderation but work."
>                -Charles Dickens
>         http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/
>
>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco