new thoughts on my not-running '81 16v

<x-flowed>Buying a Subaru was almost, and I do mean almost, a blessing in disguise. I
subscribed to a Subaru Forum and read of this guy with a problem with his
fuel injected Sube that was the same exact problem as mine.

My car would only run if I gave it gas and had it revving over 2,000 rpms.
As soon as I let it rev under that, it would die--and quickly.

The guy said it was a bad ground. He wasn't too savvy on cars, so he didn't
know where or what it was. He said he'd also heard of "mid-80's jettas
having the same problem due to a water leak and rusting a ground".

I'm about to buy the entire wire harness that plugs into "A" on the back of
the fuse box from Potterman. It's what controls all the engine electronics.
Hopefully that will do something.

We all know our beloved Mk1's are prone to bad grounds and bad electrical
systems in general. This could make sense.

I don't know where to start looking, tho.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon