Re: Electric Super Charger. IS IT worth the money?

At 11:27 PM 11/18/99 EST, you wrote:
>I found a electric supercharger today for sale at a price of 310.00 bucks.
>Not bad if what they claim as a 5-15hp gain depending on the engine mods is
>true.  It is a 700 watt, 50 AMP Axial-Flow Compressor putting out 3lbs of
>thrust @ 750 CFM.  Is this any good if craving some more power and this seem
>like a good way to go. Any thoughts, comments?

Do you have 50 Amps to spare?

  Personally, I wouldn't do it, not for 5-15hp. I'd much rather spend the
money on cams, exhausts, or other engine hard parts. Or if you want a big
gain in power, I'd go with nitrous over that. But having to wire up a
supercharger that draws 50 Amps, and then having to make sure the charging
system can handle it just isn't worth the hassle, IMHO.

Brad