Driving Impressions-16V Euro Intake cam

Listers

Well thought I would let you all know how my Eruo cam is doing. Take all the
results with a grain of salt since my 16V has over 210K on the clock and I
suspect a timing problem.
Install was very simple, cutting out cool down and beer comsumption time it
took maybe 2hrs. Popped the old out and put the new in. At first it was ok
but not necessarly worth the 280 but I threw out my POS Bosch+4s (Bosch says
NA for the 16V although I bought them at a Bosch dealer) and put some 3 prong
NGKs in and its kick ass. I smack the rev limiter in every gear except 5th
(on thin ice with DOT). The power curve seems meatier all the way around. It
actually seems to pick up sooner. But there is no defineable plane where the
car seems to be just making noise. Just the rev limiter...ask Jared. We
couldnt figure out what the thump was when we first took it out! DOH 7250! I
drove home tonight and it just hauls, and if does that on a high milage motor
like mine I couldnt imagine what it would do on a younger 16V. All in all...
I would have absolutly no reserve in buying another one. Milage I dont know
about yet but I could really care less. Now to get rid of that damn rev
limiter.........

Shannon
"Better to burn out than to fade away"
87 16V w/210,000 mi.