RE: MP3 in my Scirocco

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Here is an outfit making a hard-disk based mp3 player in a DIN package for
automobile use.
http://www2.empeg.com/

Or another type:  http://www.carplayer.com/

Here is what looks like the "Walkman" version of an mp3/audio CD player.
Anyone want to send me one so I can review it and report back to the group ?
http://www.4cds.com/prd.i/pgen/fourcds/0L/toproduct.html;sku=119552

Their page http://www.lampy.net/hardware/carplayers/index.phtml has links to
reviews of other types of players.

Sheesh, enough already!

What make and model is the unit mentioned below ?

>> snip snip <<
>
> I got my MP3-CD player for my '84 Scirocco yesterday !
> It has 12V input, so it's also for car use.
>
> I was afraid that it could be disturbed
> when driving my Scirocco, due to the
> hard suspension, but nothing, it works great !
>
> it's much faster than my CD-Changer and
> I'm really happy, as it was my aim to get
> MP3 working in my car.
> Probably this is already a common thing
> for you guys in the U.S.A. but we're
> behind schedule here in Germany....
>
> Dirk
> montego-black '83 SCIROCCO GTX 1.8l EX carbed
> montego-black '84 SCIROCCO GTX 1.8l DX inj.
> http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/index.htm
>
>>snip snip<<

Ron Antaki