Re: Fiberglass Hood

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:07:48 -0500 Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
writes:
>Shawn C Meze wrote:
>
>> Then again I can get Carbon Kevlar hood for $425.
>
>Really? Are Mk1 and Rabbit hoods available? I'd also like to make a
>car C/K skid plate. Would that be possible? Do tell; I'm all ears...

I used to could know a guy...............

heh! Your not going to like my source since your all so anti "rice" but I
know a guy who is heavily into the import drag racing scene which means
he builds stuff for Hondas and NSX's. He makes CF pieces for pretty much
whatever you want. Shit is expensive, no doubt but if being light AND
strong is the goal, its the only option.

At one time I was considering getting back into the drag racing scene
with a 4 cylinder car (MK-I Scirocco) and we went over -everything- that
he could reproduce for me. From the entire body (Cha-ching!) to valve
covers, various brackets, rear axle beam, dash, door panels ect. And the
cool thing about that was I wouldn't need to paint the car since it would
of been so beautiful in CF, WHY. :)

And the weight of the car could of been in the 1000-1200lb range combined
with a projected 500hp 16V turbo/NOS motor...... running just under 10's.
All I need is a little cash and I can make it all happen. LOL!!

Anyway, I havent talked to him in a while but I should be able to track
him down if you wants.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and