Seat fold-forward lever

Hey all,

After returning home from the Seattle Tech Day at Andre's place last
sunday, I went to fold forward my drivers seat and had the unpleasant
discovery of it no longer folding forward. Further inspection revealed
that the door side latch was releasing but the inner one was not! GRR...
just what I need now a snapped cable! Well I took a look at it yesterday
and found that indeed it had snapped and it had done so inside the driver
side bolster, leaving about 3 inches of cable on the lever end and the
remainder swimming inside the seat frame. (which is also broken :)

Then I pulled off the handle you lift up to release the seat and its trim
piece to discover that the handle had previously broken off and was
reinstalled by jamming a piece of zip tie in with it to hold it on to the
metal lever piece. This was good because I was able to do the same thing
to fix my broken passenger side lever and put it back on, and it was bad
because it was one more thing that was "rigged" about my car. I have no
idea where to poke the cable through because its completely invisible
inside the bolster and there is a sort of metal "cage" around the lever
assembly that prevents me from feeling or getting a mirror in there.

Can anyone help provide insight about what to do about this problem? My
drivers seat is in otherwise good condition, except for the snapped frame
(now with the back support of an american car), and the ripped-to-hell
upper drivers side bolster, and a lower driver side bolster that looks
like its about to rip. I have no money at all to spend on seats, so I
guess what I am looking for is a cheap fix. Someone previously suggested
crimping the two snapped cable ends together, which is impossible in my
situation ebcause of where they snapped.. in the worst possible location.
So do I need a new cable? How much will that run me and what is involved
in putting it in? How can I make sure I've routed it correctly through the
metal fingers and such that keep the cable taut? I don't want to just tie
up the inner-side latch mechanism because that would be just too "rigged"
for me, and probably not very safe.

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Toby

--