Fuba/ SH*T GTI

<x-flowed>List,

2 questions:
My first question it that I am having trouble with my radio reception in my
'87 16v.  Most channels that i could get in any of my other non fuba vw's i
cant get with my rocco.  The ones that do come in i loose quickly.  I also
loose the signal just going under an overpass!  I was told that where it
grouds to the roof the base of the fuba can corrode and reception is lost.
I would like to change the fuba, with a new one.  How do i get to it without
ripping the sh*t out of my headliner?  I just purchaced a new kenwood
excelon head unit, and it didn't fix my problem so i am pretty sure that it
is either the antenna itself, or the cable.

Second, my '84 rabbit gti is just about ready to go to the scrap yard.  It
runs like crap.  The problem started out as just hesatating when you give it
gas while driving down the road.  Now it sounds like it is running on 3
cylenders, and drives like a festiva could kick my ass.  I changed all
plugs, cap, rotor, and wires.  The firing order is correct, and i checked to
see if my distributer was loose causing the car to be out of time, it was
not.  I am not losing coolent, so i dont think that it is a head gasket.
Could the timing belt have jumped??  Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thank you

Jason Arms

'87 Scirocco 16v
'64 Sunroof Beetle