RE: NGK plugs do they need to be gapped?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Doesn't the application of the product apply here?  I know it's assumed that
we're talking Scirocco (which lately has been a big assumption).  But before
making blanket statements, realize that in some vehicles, some of these
plugs work great.  I'm running Champions in my Scout with a 304ci V-8 and
they work great.  Just passed California smog with a 23 year old vehicle.
In fact, the results were notably (HC down 50+ ppm) cleaner than in the
past.  I'm not saying the plug is responsible for all of that, since so many
factors determine a clean running car, but you can't tell me that my smog
results would go down significantly if the plug were absolute crap.  Now
would I put them in my Scirocco?  No, probably not the proper application.

My .02.

-Brad
'86.5 Scirocco 16V
'76 International Scout II
'86 Yamaha Radian (RIP)
'89 Yamaha FZR600

<snip Shawn Meze>
Spark plugs that need to be thrown from a bridge:

1) Splitfire plugs
2) BOSCH Silbers
3) ANY Platinum plug!
4) Champion
5) Autolite

Just throw those puppies, dont even open the package.
<\snip>