Re: NGK plugs do they need to be gapped?

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:58:35 -0500 Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
writes:
>-no Bosch Silbers? What's wrong with them. More importantly, what is
>the "in crowd" running these days and why?

I couldn't tell you what everybody else is running. Don't care really as
ive never really been into the "in crowd" ideals anyways. :)

If you will recall, ive had not one but several failures with the Bosch
Silbers. The center electrode simply fell out causing some good expensive
valve damage. 2 different sets, 2 different cars. Any part that fails
when all others have not then has the nerve to costs me time and money
definitely gets tossed off the bridge baby! :)

Ive done alot of research on spark plugs (Some by choice, some forced by
previous employment.) and have found that there are a few really good
spark plug manufactures out there. Then there's the real world trial and
error experience. I had a set of NGK tripple trode plugs that lasted me 2
years in a Datsun. They only had a little higher Ohm reading when I
removed them than when I installed them. THAT'S a good spark plug.

Ive bought NEW spark plugs and they had 10 times the resistance value to
them than old plugs I was removing. (Hence my list.)

I will always try new/different plugs for shits and giggles but for far I
usually end up going to what I know works.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and