re: transparent black paint

ok..now if that isnt the bigest oxymoron ive ever seen!
"transparent black" hehehe
what youre looking for is like Midnight motorsports / VHT
spray paint. its a tinting sorta in a can. It looks ok, as
i think foliatec or zender also makes some of that stuff
and the orig owner of my rieger rocco sprayed my turn
signals (and they look crappy) What i have done on a few
friend's cars is to just take some enamel black spray
paint (krylon) and hit the lenses with a few SUPER LIGHT
coats. let each coat dry fully untill you get the desired
darkness. you can still easily see the turn signal light.

be warned though that after a while the paint will goop unless
you hit it with a clear coat afterwards and wax it along with your car.

Ryan
i heard that you can use transparent black spray paint for the lights and i

have been all over town to every parts store, hardware, paint store, and
hobby store, and no one has ever heard of the shit, where do i get it?????
and if i am wrong what can i do to black them out?ChrisPortland, OR'81 Scirocco

www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/pit/8862/rocco.html