From: Brad Sterling [mailto:bgsterling@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 8:20 PM
To: Stuart Castledine; Scirocco Mail List
Subject: RE: VDO voltmeter bulb

I just needed these, but don't have the part number in front of me.  It's
the same bulb as the VDO oil temp that comes stock (I'm assuming MkII here).
Be forewarned that they've changed to part number, if you go buy them new.
The new ones are two pieces, the base and the bulb.  The stock ones on the
MkII were one piece.  I think the stealer (oops... I mean dealer) wanted
about $7 for the two pieces.  If you have the time and a multi-meter with
continuity check capabilities, go to the local salvage yard and pull the
bulbs yourself.  That's what I ended up doing.

-Brad

'86.5 Scirocco 16V

'76 International Scout II

'86 Yamaha Radian (RIP)