Idiot Cop

<x-charset iso-8859-1>No offense, I have nothing against cops but some are just STUPID!!!!  I was
on my way to work, on time, not rushing.  I turned onto a stretch of road
that has NO speed zone for the first couple miles then there is a "Speed
Zone Ahead" sign posted where it goes to 35mph.  I drive this road everyday
and usually stay below 45 until I hit the 35 zone.  In WA state (as I am
sure most states) county roads are 50mph whether they are posted 50 mph or
not, unless it is residential or school or some other zone.  I was pulled
over in this non-zoned part of the road doing 50 in a 40!  I was surprised
that the speed zone for non-posted county roads had changed and no one let
me know!!! The cop asked if I knew the speed limit in that stretch of road
and I said that there wasn't one posted so I figured it to be 50 since it is
a county road.  He told me that it was 40 and that the whole road was 40
(even the zoned 35 section ahead of me????).  I told him that I had used
this road to go back and forth to work for the last 2 1/2 years and there
has never been a sign posted 40 mph.  He said he was pretty sure and that if
there wasn't he would let the ticket go.  So, I didn't have time to back
track and check (since I was being held up for doing the speed limit) so I
called my wife to check the signs on that road to make sure there wasn't a
40 mph sign.  After I hung up the phone, I had a driveability problem on a
Crown Vic so I decided to go check out the signs.  NOPE, no signs of any
sort specifying speed until the 35mph zone a couple miles down the road.
So, I got to looking at the ticket to see what I have to do to protest it,
set a court date, whatever and the dumb cop forgot to put down how much the
ticket cost!!!!  It had TRAFFIC INFRACTION at the top so I know that it was
a ticket and not a warning.  Amazing, I get pulled over for doing the speed
limit while there's someone robbing a bank or shooting a Quickie Mart teller
somewhere.

Dave