Re: [mk2] frame repair at front end

<x-flowed>>From my experience with this VERY commmon 8V problem is to pull the control
arm horns back to their initial location (26 and 7/8 from the center of the
19mm to the center of the other). Weld the cracks and then istall a four
point lower stress bar and you good to go. Never had a comeback.

>From: "Kris Rayner" <veritech@fix.net>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: [mk2] frame repair at front end
>Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 20:07:19 -0800
>
>Well guys, I have a chance to buy a straight clean '84 'rocco auto
>cheap but the owner says it has a cracked frame at the front end
>and the alignment is way out.  I believe I know where it's cracked,
>where the front a-arm mounts come back and are welded at the
>body.  I know this is a somwhat common prob. and I'm wondering
>how others have fixed this. thanks in advance.
>                    Kris Rayner
>                 1984 VW Scirocco
>     1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
>      "I do nothing in moderation but work."
>                -Charles Dickens
>         http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/
>
>--