vw motorsports motor mounts

You know, I normally consider Techtonic's advice to be beyond reproach.
However, as of a tech session last night at Chris Chemidlin's house I'm
now thinking that they're becoming a bunch of softies in their old age.
:^)

With Chris's help I installed a "racing" rear transaxle mount. It is
made of hard rubber which is noticeably harder than stock. (The press
with fingernail durometer test tells all...). Here's what the TT catalog
says: "Hard rubber mount similar to VW Motorsport. Racing only, too
noisy for the street."

Bah... I'd say that it is only incrementally less comfy than the stock
piece. I definitely don't want anymore vibes than I have to deal with,
so it is all good in my book. However, I'm sure that many out there are
shying away from purchasing this thing for fear that it'd turn their
cars into rolling vibrators. I say go for it. My dash vibrates a teeny
bit more at idle (1100 rpms) and the torque control has been noticeably
improved. It seems to be more civilized than the polyurethane mounts and
only slightly less capable of stopping  movement.

Keep in mind that I'd already upgraded the front mount to the TT hard
rubber version (the same one that they ship with all their exhausts). My
car also has no sound deadening and carpeting, whatsoever. Maybe the new
mount is actually making more noise but I can't hear it? Perhaps I'm
already deaf? Whatever, I say go ahead and do it...

What else can I do to control the motor's torquing? Has anyone tried
those poly inserts that eliminate the air space in the passenger's side
mount? From where can those be purchased and for how much?
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut