Re: [VW-TECH] Coilovers & suspension travel

> So how can it provide as much travel?  Let's say the strut body is 12"
> tall...   so the piston can move 12" up and down (in theory, I realize the
> thickness of the piston affects this)...   so if you cut the shaft off to be
> shorter than 12" you can no longer push the piston all the way to the
> bottom, in effect reducing your travel (because you can't push the shaft
> down into the strut body)
>
> Right?

No, because this dosen't happen on the stock strut...the large bump stop
prevents this as well as the spring reaching full compression...there is
some room to move...so if you lower the spring perch, and put in a shorter
strut, it should have *close* to the same travel.

Eric