Re: windshield wiper problem!

<x-flowed>The problem is usually the spline in the wiper arm more than the spindle it
mounts onto - the arm is soft alloy whereas the post is presumably mild
steel or something similar. The splines on the spindle get filled-up with
chewed-up metal so they lok like they are worn away.  Its worth using a wire
brush to clean the chewed-up metal out of the spline on the spindle and use
a sharp point to try & scrape the crap out of what is left of the spline on
the arm. You may get away with putting your old arm back on or you may need
to replace it.  The same sort of thing often happens with the window winder
handle if it gets loose & you don't tighten it back up sharpish.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins.