Re: Idling

Casey Webster wrote:

>  everybody is asking their idling questions now, I figure I might as well
> add mine.  What should the idle be at? My car normally idles at about 1400.
> When it is raining, my car idles around 800, and after I drive my car over
> 150km/h for more than 2 or 3 minutes, when I stop, the car is idling at
> around 2000.....go figure....do I have something wrong, or is that just the
> way works?
>
>  Casey
> 84 8V Wolfsburg

Here are some idle and general air/ fuel related items, attend to them
all (and more) and go from there;

1. Injector seals. Just replace them.
2. O-ring for idle adjustment screw, maybe this is a Mk1 thing.
3. Rubber hoses connecting hard vacuum lines to fittings.
4. Reconditioning ground connections, add supplemental grounds, I can
detail this; if so start a new thread.
5. Any water leaks?

hth,
TBerk